Saturday, December 21, 2002

Bonjour tout le monde. Je suis en Paris maintenant. Actuallement, je suis en Fontainbleu, la ville be l'ecole de mon frere. Mes parents et mon frere sont ici. Cet apresmidis, nous allons visiter Lyon et Nice et cet nuit, nous allons pour un grand dine. Maintenant, je veux changer a anglais...

My flight yesterday was absolutely crazy. Got to Milwaukee at 12:20 for my 2:15 flight. Checked in. Got my boarding pass. Had some Lunch. Went through security. Got to the gate, only to find out that the flight had been CANCELLED. Then, went back through security. Back to the ticket counter. Found this really nice United employee or took me to another computer (because the United and Air Canada systems don't communicate with one another). We were looking for alternative ways for me to get to Paris cause there was no way I was going to make my 7:00 pm connection in Toronto to Paris. I found a Milwaukee - Chicago - Paris flight that seemed to work so I was booked onto that one. Unfortunately, I couldn't get upgraded to business class or anything. I did get a $7 meal voucher which was okay I suppose. So, I rechecked my bag. Went back through security. Got some food. Went to the gate and sat. After about an hour (it was now 3:30), I decided to check the board to make sure my flight was still leaving at 4:30 as scheduled. Turns out the flight is delayed till 5:15. There is no way I am going to get to Chicago in time now to catch my 6:30 Chicago - Paris flight. Damn - I am screwed again. So, I go back through security. Back to the ticket counter. Get my bag that had been unchecked and found out that they were sending all Milwaukee - Chicago passengers on shuttle buses. So, I hopped in a shuttle bus and we left Chicago by 4:00 pm. The bus driver was so slow it was aggravating. Finally arrived at O'Hare at 6:05 with 25 minutes to spare. Thank god I already had my boarding pass so I ran through security, didn't check my big black bag this time (I took it as carry-on) and ran to my gate. Got on board the plane at 6:27. The plane stopped boarding at 6:30.

Man that was crazy. Okay time to jet but happy holidays to you and all your families. Have a safe holiday and I'll speak with you all soon.

No comments: