Saturday, December 07, 2002

good evening everyone. it's friday night and i just finished dinner. i am updating my site and drinking some wine. Actually, it's not some wine...I am just about finished the bottle that I opened up earlier during dinner. So you can see - it's been one of those nights. Let's see how this blog ends up...as it gets more and more alcohol induced.

The week in Chicago was great. I really like that city - there is a tonne going on and lots of people say that it is a bigger version of Toronto. I think that I could kind of agree with that. I definitely have never seen a city with as many taxi cabs and hotels. It's got a cool vibe with all the restaurants, skyscrapers, jazz and blues bars. There is a tonne going on. I went up the Hancock Observatory yesterday. I was on the 94th floor looking down at the city and learned a lot about it too. I learned about the great fire of (1861 I think) - it's the one that gutted almost the entire city. As a result, Chicago is one of the only modern cities that actually had the ability to start over and re-plan what was going on. Also - do you know why it's called the Windy City? I think you think you know but in fact you don't. It's a coincidence that's it actually so cold and windy there. The relal reason that it has the nickname is because back during the Columbian assembly (whatever that was) the politicians of the city were lobbying for something and whatever they said was perceived to be very long winded and full of hot air. As a result - the city slowly got referred to as the windy city due to the nature of the politicians. Interesting, isn't that?

I am watching the Mavericks - Lakers game right now on espn. The Mavs are 17 and 1 this year so far and absolutlely kicking ass. They are killing the Lakers by 27 points right now in the 4th quarter. It is pretty awesome. I've gotta say - Steve Nash is money. He is such a solid player. Definitely probably my favourite in the league. I've gotta find a Steve Nash Dallas Mavericks jersey - that would be a cool pickup.

Well - I'm not sure how much sense this blog made. I am going to blame the wine nonetheless so have a good night and talk to ya'll tomorrow...

No comments: