Sunday, April 04, 2004

A Fine Weekend
Just blogging real quickly before the week starts. Just wanted to say that it was a fun-filled weekend. Some quick highlights include:

- a 30 minute phone conversation with my niece Ankita on Friday night. That girl is so smart and really quick. I was trying to talk in tricks and mess her up with questions and stuff but she figured everything out and it was just so neat to see her do that.

- Texas Hold 'Em poker tourny at Kevin's place. That was a lot of fun. That game is so good. Lots of strategy goes into it with all the bluffing and winning. It's really pretty neat just to see how everyone plays that game and all the unique styles. I will definitely be playing more hold 'em as the days/weeks/months go by

- Aquadesiac (an empty bar on Queen's Quay) and Rolsaan (a busy Chinese restaurant in China Town) after the poker tourny. Got home late didn't get to bed until 5:00 am

- Roller Hockey in North York on Saturday morning with Nitin, Adam, Kdot, Ashvin and Chet. It was definitely one of my better games as I scored some goals and set up a few sweet ones. I am very excited about the possibility of joining a roller hockey league this summer - I hope that Chet and Steve figure that out soon.

- Nitin and Reena's wedding reception on Saturday night was A LOT of fun. Those Marathi functions with the whole posse are always a blast and it totally always reminds me of how fortunate my family is to have such a great extended family located all around the city. It's awesome to have all these people in your life that are important peeps that you don't necessarily see on a day-to-day basis but you can just pick up with them wherever you left off. And as always, the dancing at Marathi Weddings is hype and they always play the classics - Maestro: Let your Backbone Slide, House of Pain: Jump Around and Rob Base and DJ Easy Rock: It Takes Two. For some reason, those songs have been immortalized and they are played at every Marathi wedding I've been to in Toronto for the last 10 years. They are such classics. We all know all the words and everyone just goes nuts. The entertainment at the wedding was great too (there were some wicked dances going on). As well, the food was quite tasty as well - mmmm butter chicken (for all you closet Indian food fans out there).

- When I got home, I was watching sports highlights for about an hour cause I wanted to get all caught up on the NHL and NCAA. In hockey, Toronto shalacked (sp?) the Senators last night 6-0 which was completely unexpected. I mean - I thought they would win but not that handily. And since the Bruins won today - it's the Battle of Ontario Part IV this year. Toronto has home ice advantage and Game 1 is this Thursday night at the ACC. The Canadians are against the Bruins. In the West - Vancouver plays Calgary in a battle of western Canada (I think that after the whole Bertuzzi thing - Vancouver ain't going very far in the playoffs and will probably lose in the first round (they are just too shattered as a team). Unfortunately, Edmonton didn't make it this year so not all 6 Canadian teams are in the playoffs. In the NCAA - it's the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. UCONN Huskies in tomorrow's championship game. I had all 4 final four teams picked correctly in my pool. Although I had Oklahoma State vs. UCONN in the final - I can still win all my pools if UCONN beats GT tomorrow night. Should that happen, I think I'll be about $250 richer which is pretty sweet.

- Today I saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It was okay. I liked the beginning. I liked the ending. I'm not too sure what I thought of the middle. It was definitely a different movie. Apparently the story is written by the same author of Being John Malcovich and Adaptation. So, if you have seen those movies - you know that this one will be a little on the weird side. There were just certain things about the movie that I didn't really like but other parts that were really interesting in the way they were filmed.

- Tonight it's packing time. I am flying north for work tomorrow for a few days. Should be good times...

Later all,

No comments: