Wednesday, April 07, 2004

I'm a loser...and so are the Sens

I just watched the bachelor in between commercials of the hockey game. I found myself going back to the who looking to see what was going to happen. Thiw as the first episode of the new series. The "bachelor" this time is Jesse Palmer. He's the QB for the New York Giants and he is Canadian (from Ottawa). There is 1 (one) Canadian girl on the sho from Quebeb. I was really surprised to see that. Very unexpected.

Wow...Calgary just tied the Canucks 2 - 2. They were down 2 - 0 and were on a power play. The Canucks got called for too many men on the ice so the Flames went up by two men. The Flames then scored 2 goals in 28 seconds. Guess this should be a good hockey game. Although, Iginla is getting thumped on every opportunity.

Now, back to my bachelor discussion. There were some amazing chicks there...and also some tools. Mandy (the soccer player) was pretty fine and my favourite. There was this one chick (a cheerleader) who was a complete tool. Totally after the money and absolutely nothing else. I think she said "He's so hot" about every time they tried to interview her. Not that I am expecting much other than that...but well, I guess I am. The Canadian chick seemed all right - spoke French with Jesse so that was amusing. This show gets interesting this time around because apparently there is a "spy" among the ladies. Jesse's best friend is posing as one of the girls and she is kinda like a mole. It's quite amusing. The highlight definitely was when Jesse was giving out the roses to the ladies he wanted to stay...he accidentally called out one of the wrong names. There were 2 (two) token Asian girls (none of them made it) and 2 (two) token Black girls (only one of them made it).

OK, so all of my friends now think I am a tool and have totally lost respect for me. I won't watch this show again (until of course, I am flipping channels one day and see a bunch of hot ladies on the screen). I might be forced to stop and watch.

Now for some important stuff...

The Battle of Ontario begins tomorrow (in approximately 20 hours). The Leafs and Senators are meeting in the playoffs for he fourth time in 5 years. It's an absolute awesome series and these two teams are really starting to hate each other. There are so many side stories and tonnes of entertaining storylines. A lot of the hopes of either team rest on the shoulders of their goalies. Belfour is totally on his game right now (3 of his last 4 starts were shutouts - all on the road). Also, I believe he has allowed only 1 goal against the Senators this season. That (along with many other things) must be festering in the Senators' heads cause the Leafs have really been thumping them over the years (especially in the playoffs). Lalime has been playing like a sieve recently and he is still in questionable health. I wonder if he will be ready tomorrow night.

I can't wait for this game tomorrow. Nothing beats playoff time...Nothing at all.

No comments: