Friday, April 09, 2004

Post Mortem

The Leafs played very poorly tonight. Ottawa's best players played better than Toronto's. Hossa, Havlat, Alfredsson all had solid games. Sundin, Mogilny, Francis, Roberts all floated around. And when you only get 17 shots on net - you've got problems. I am not going to get into bitching about the referees. Leaf fans (led by Mr. Quinn) are using that as an excuse. Bottom line, they didn't play well and they were outplayed. You can't take 8 penalties against the best power play in the league. You know they are calling lots of close things so play with a bit more discipline. ALSO - Lalime is not 100%. How can you test a cold goalie when you average 6 shots on net per period???

I think they'll bounce back on Saturday night. I think that Belfour is going to play well. I think he can steal the next one. Ottawa was embarrassed at home 6 - 0 a week ago. Now, Toronto has played poorly at home so they have to respond. Don Cherry was bringing up some interesting things tonight too. He was talking about ice time...Why did Niewendyk play only 11 minutes tonight? And where were Sundin, Niewendyk and Fitzgerald for penalty killing?

As another comment...something needs to change with the Kaberle and Johannson pairing. They looked awful tonight.

My parting thought is that there will be several broken ankles tomorrow morning. I'm sure all the Toronto bandwagon fans have already jumped off. I'll see them back around in a few weeks when the Leafs are still around. I must say - I hate those fans.

Have a good time watching the playoffs folks...

No comments: