Sunday, April 18, 2004

Now that's Hockey!!!

It is almost 3:00 am and I am just getting ready for bed. Why you ask? I was just watching the Calgary Flames and Vancouver Canucks in Game 6 of their series. Calgary was up in the series 3 games to 2. Vancouver stormed out tonight and by the middle of the second period, they were leading 4 - 0. Calgary didn't give up though and eventually tied it 4 - 4. Then, the game went into TRIPLE overtime. That was by far the best hockey game I've watched since the Salt Lake City Olympics. It's amazing how EVERY game in this series has been so exciting. I just wish they weren't on as late as they are. It's night and day compared to the Leafs-Sens series (which has been quite a dud).

The nice thing about that one is that the Leafs have a chance to clinch it on Sunday night and then they can rest for a little while. If they do win though...they'll be facing either Tampa Bay or Philly in the next round. Both opponents will present unique challenges for the Leafs so either would be a difficult series.

I went to an engagement party tonight for someone in our Marathi community. It was a lot of fun...and the food was amazing. Mmm...Butter Chicken. That's for you Luen! The eggplant and potato bhaji that my mom made was kick-ass too. Sunday the 18th is Ankita's b-day. I am making her a scrapbook and just putting the finishing touches on it tomorrow morning. I am going to hang at her place tomorrow afternoon and play with her and all her 6 and 7 year old friends. I better get my rest tonight then. :) I do have one dilemna though. We are staying at her place for dinner tomorrow night but the Leaf game is on at 7:00 pm. How can I do both things at once? I might have to miss the first two periods but then race home during the second intermission (it's only a 10 minute drive) to catch the end of the game. I'll have to play it by ear.

Night,

No comments: