Sunday, April 11, 2004

Not so long Weekend

Long weekends always come and go so quickly. It's Sunday night...11:46 PM and I am getting ready for bed. This week ahead will be pretty busy but I think it's going to fly by so that is good. I haven't received the final word about the apartment yet (should know this week) but if it's a green light...I have to start doing some furniture shopping. I need a bed (haven been sleeping on a twin for 25 years), a couch and a TV.

I am thinking about creating a new website. I know I know I know. I've been talking about this for some time now. I just think I need to have a page with some links to the pages of my buddies, some cool other things and of course - my photos. I was just creating a "O-Foto" site tonight where I will upload all of my images and any of you can go and check them out. Problem is that you need to sign up to the site (it's not a major problem though) cause you can just sign up your e-mail address (any address works). Then, once you're in - you can check out all the pics...download whatever you want...make prints - just about everything. The dang site is down right now though (I was trying to upload some more images and it was giving me grief).

On Friday, I had an Easter Egg hunt at my place for my niece Ankita. She had a blast and found all 16 eggs that I hid. 12 were small jelly bean eggs. 3 were Cadbury chocolate eggs and the final was a Kinder Surprise (of course with a toy in it). She found all of them including the hardest Kinder Egg so that was pretty awesome. In total...it took her about 15 or 20 minutes but it was good fun for everyone and I got some great pictures of her in the process. After lunch, we went across the street to the mall and I took her to the fair in the parking lot. There again...she had a blast. We went on a bunch of rides (merry go round, bumble bees, fire truck, berry go round too). She also played a couple of games and won 2 stuffed animals which was pretty fun. The whole time...she kept saying how much fun she was having. It is such a great time to hang with her as well cause time just flies and you really just enjoy every moment.

Yesterday - a bunch of us helped Kdot and Raq paint their new house. Lesson learned - I suck at painting. I love to help but I'm not very good at this painting thing. I guess it will just take some time to improve. At night, we watched Game 2 on Ashvin's big screen which was a real treat. They played a lot better so that was a good sign. Today, Mickelson won the Masters with a thrilling 18th hole Birdie. It was pretty slick how he did that and quite an amazing shot under as much pressure as he was (especially cause he's known as the best golfer to never win a major championship. One thing that annoyed me about CBS' coverage was that there was not even a mention of Mike Weir throughout the final hour and the only time his name came up was when Jim Nantz and Hootie Johnson introduced him as last year's champion. Weir totallly got the shaft but if his name was Love III or Woods or Duval, he would have gotten much more noteriety. It was nice of Mickelson to awknowledge that he was accepting the green jacket from a fellow leftie golfer so that was kinda neat.

C'est le temps pour dormir.
Au revoir.

No comments: