Monday, April 19, 2004

Game 7

Nothing says excitement like those two words - Game and Seven. All of the Canadian teams in the Stanley Cup Playoffs are going to be playing a 7th game to decide their fate.

Montreal - Boston is Monday night at 7:00 pm EST
Calgary - Vancouver is Monday night at 10:30 pm EST
Ottawa - Toronto is Tuesday night at 7:00 pm EST

Toronto has not played a good game yet in this series. They've been outplayed in 6 games and they're lucky to still be alive. They have a chance now to play one solid game and win the series. If they can do that...it will be a complete steal. However - good teams create their own luck. I wonder if Mats will play on Tuesday. I also wanna know what Quinn is going to do to try and increase scoring. Perhaps a top line of Niewendyk, Roberts and Mogilny?

Today is my niece's birthday. I was over for dinner with my family. I made her a scrapbook of a bunch of photos I had of her since I've met here (these photos are stretching back to August, 2001. I had a lot of fun making it. It just took forever to find all of the stuff I needed. Who knew that you could buy Scrapbooks and Notebooks for anywhere from $8.50 - $80.00 at places like Chapters. That was absolutely crazy but I'm glad I ended up finding what I was looking for. She really liked the scrapbook and so did her mom and grandparents so that is all that mattered in the end. I pretty much worked on it all afternoon yesterday and today as it took a lot longer than I anticipated.

One thing I did learn this weekend (and at my niece's) is that I HATE watching hockey (or sports in general) with people who aren't true fans or who don't know what they are talking about when referring to hockey rules/stats/trends, etc. It is really aggravating to hear them talk crap and I absolutely wanna yell and tell them to shut up. I think that's why I end up watching a lot of games on my own at home cause I can't stand the reactions of some people.

That's it...time to start researching for Game 7.

No comments: