Thursday, January 01, 2004

New Day in a New Year

My first blog of 2004 and I must say that the year has started out as great as possible. I spent new years eve having dinner with my parents and a close friend. The 4 of us had a wonderful feast of quiche and pasta that my mom prepared. We also started with Goks' Guacamole and some spinach dip with pumpernickel bread (What is pumpernickel bread anyway?)

I left home at around 9:30, on my way to NS's place to pick her up and then we made our way over to Kdot & Raq's place. We got there and the rest of the peeps were already there: G, Andrea and MRock. Chilled out there for a bit and then at around 11:15 we bundled up and made our way to Nathan Phillips Square for my first ever (in 25 years) Downtown Toronto New Years Eve Celebration. It was packed and quite fun although we couldn't really see anything. We did hear the new mayor David Miller say some stuff and the singers from the cast of Mamma Mia performed as well. We left by about 12:15 and made our way back to Kdot's house.

The walk to/from Nathan Phillips Square was a lot of fun. There were all sorts of charcters on the street walking around and everyone was in a good mood. That whole Dundas Square area (right by the Eaton Centre) is quite lively and our version of Times Square. I couldn't understand how many people were driving around downtown last night. That was just nuts cause the traffic was horrible. It must have been so annoying to be driving during all that.

Today, I woke up around 11:45 cause I went to bed quite late. At 2:00 pm, I played roller hockey with some of the Marathi and L'Am posses. It was fun to get out on the blades again and an excellent way to start the new year out. We gots to get out there more and more...

Have a safe and happy new year folks.


No comments: